Let’s talk about how to turn prospects into customers and retain them for future purchases too. For your marketing to do its job, it needs to work on turning those prospects into customers. Here are a few key ways to draw them in and seal the deal. You need to:
- Be Inviting
- Be Informative
- Be Enjoyable
- Make the Prospect Comfortable
The biggest fear of most new customers is the dreaded buyer’s remorse – and if you have not made your prospects feel comfortable, they will not purchase because of that fear. Avoid this at all costs. Once your prospect buys, then of course you will deliver a quality product/service that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made (right?). But to make them comfortable even before they purchase, let them know you believe so much in your product/service you stand behind it NOW – and LATER.
- Offer to refund money-no questions asked
- Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product
There are number of other ways to turn a prospect into a customer:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you feel so much more human.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
- Offer financing options, if applicable.
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer “name your own price” incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already purchased.
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
The options really are as limitless as you make it. You can use these or other ideas to find what works the best for your business, products/service and target market. Remember this…
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” Jay Abraham
And one last thing, and probably the most important, why do all this work up front? Because it is always easier and less expensive to sell to folks who have already purchased from you. Once your prospect becomes a well earned customer that loves and trusts you – they will convert far more quickly for the next (and probably more expensive) purchase. Chew on these numbers:
So if you invest a bunch of time and effort serving your customers – just look at the return on investment they will provide you will additional purchases. You tell me – does that sound worth it?
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers? Our FREE test drive gives you exclusive access to the mountain of resources and tools, along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth.